1. How old were you when you had your first child?
25 ( 5 days before my 1st wedding anniversary!)
2. What was the hardest thing about being pregnant for 9 months?
I suffered with terrible anxiety and panic attacks so felt I couldn’t enjoy it. Which makes me so sad thinking back i should have tried to enjoy it.
3. Can you think of any good things you enjoyed during those 9 months?
Feeling my baby kick and be inside me , knowing i was keeping them safe, it’s the most amazing feeling in the world. I feel privileged to have been able to carry both my children ️
4. In your opinion, were all the things you heard about childbirth accurate or way off?
I think everyone experiences child-birth differently, no one can compare or prepare for labour. I had 2 very different births both an amazing experience i will never forget!
5. Would you have handled childbirth differently if you could re-do it?
I would have liked a water birth, but unfortunately never had the chance. With my 2nd labour i had a very speedy delivery with an unplanned home birth! My husband delivered our baby boy on our bathroom floor! I’m so grateful and am pleased i went to yoga as the techniques helped immensely with no pain relief!
( my birth story ) https://youtu.be/zfEHLKZkOPA
6. What would be your advice for someone who is about to have a baby?
Treasure every minute, try to think of labour differently see it as the start of something new and incredible, if you get a chance do some pregnancy yoga. Take photo’s everyday and write a diary of how your feeling so you can look back on it.
7. What has been the hardest thing about being a mum?
Although being a mum is the most amazing job in the world it’s also the toughest. I find juggling work / life balance really tricky sometimes and also knowing if I’m doing the right things and being the best mum i can possible be.
8. What has been the most rewarding thing about being a mum?
I honestly feel so lucky to have children. Some people are sadly unable to .Looking at my two everyday knowing they are mine I truly feel blessed.
9. What was the most surprising thing you discovered about being a mum?
That it’s not all lazy days on the sofa it’s actually harder than a full-time job! I think i was very naive!
10. What is the best memory you have involving your child?
I think everyday we share memories together, this is why I love vlogging and also using Instagram as a diary to remember all the amazing things we have done
11. What was the most exciting milestone?
I think every milestone is so amazing! When i look back on videos i think oh wow how come i was so excited at them using a bottle on their own or sticking their tongue out! I think learning to walk has been my favourite so far as it opens up a whole new world!!
12. What is the worst thing your child has ever done?
This is a tricky one… to be honest i cant think of something that sticks in my mind, my two in general do the usual and have melt downs where I could really do with them being good! Like any child does!
13. What habit did you wish your child didn’t have?
Both of them being little I guess nothing unusual , Elle is a picker and is always hungry so that drives me mad!
14. What habit of theirs makes you most proud?
Being polite, saying please and thank-you and having manners cost nothing ️
15. Do you share any similarities with your child (both Physical and Personality)?
Elle is the spit of my husband and Laurie looks more like me. They both have our stubbornness and Elle is a complete diva.. not sure where she gets it from!!!!
16. Where would you like your child to be in 10 years?
Simply to be Happy and healthy
17. What is something that having a child has taught you?
Wow being a mum has taught me so much but i think the biggest thing is not to judge. I used to be so judgemental before having kids and I’m not afraid to admit that. Children really open a whole new world and its important to support other Mums not judge!
18. Did you imagine that you’d be a mom at the age that you became a mom?
Iv always wanted to be a mum, and as a kid would always play with dolls and pretend to be a mum. So to be honest as soon as i got married i wanted a baby. Again i feel blessed that i was able to.
19. Describe your child in a single sentence?
Laurie is a lovable monster, with dreamy big blue eyes
Elle is a complete curly-haired diva but with the most caring heart.
20. How have you changed as a person since becoming a mum?
I think being a mum is the toughest job but also the most incredible job. Although throughout pregnancy and sometimes now I suffered with anxiety , being a mum has given a new kind of confidence. Knowing your responsible for little people i think you have to!
Thank you so much for reading I’d love you to pop over to my socials and say hello!
WordPress – https://itsawestything.wordpress.com/