Here’s how I made this super, cool, funky, retro storage box made from old vinyl records…
- Buy 2 unwanted vinyl records or you may be able to get them for free 🙂 make sure they are in a cardboard cover as you will be using this too
- Bend/melt the bottom of the vinyls (you need to melt about 10cm)
To do this, put the vinyl in a heat proof container and pour boiling water over the part you want to bend. Use a block of wood (or anything else you think would work) Use this to shape the melted part of the vinyl and to keep it flat and prevent it from curling
- Drill holes around both sides if the record, I drilled 7 holes each side using a two finger space between each hole.
Do the same for the cardboard cover
- Glue the vinyls and the cardboard covers the the base – I used an A4 plank of wood for the base
- Connect the cardboard and vinyl using either twine, rope or ribbon
- Fill your cool new, retro storage box with whatever you like 🙂
Click here to watch exactly how I made it.